So I know it's been a while since I blogged or made a video. You see, I've been moving, and school's coming up tomorrow, so I've been trying to enjoy my time in game as a casual player that also tweets a bunch. So what have I been up to? My latest project has been leveling my second Life alt, Oran FoeHammer. For those of you that don't follow me on Twitter, I made a goal to have Oran at Legendary by September 6th, 2011 (which is in fact tomorrow). I'm sad to say that I did NOT reach my goal. Oran is currently Level 55 and beginning the Floating Land questline. The only real play time I have left is tonight. With this new Sunken Palace (that I'm fixing up to talk about) begging me to decorate it, I'm fairly certain that Oran will not reach his intended goal.
Anyway, let's cut to the chase; my pros and cons of the Sunken Palace. I'll start with the outside, and work my way in. In case you're uniformed of the deets of this house, it runs your pocket for 10,000 Crowns or 100,000 Gold. I have also started decorating this house as well, so you will see furniture items (if you are looking for pictures of the house plain, I'd recommend checking YouTube or The Friendly Necromancer's Blog Roll):
1. The Entrance: The entrance to this grand castle is amazing! Let me just point out that the street lamps and the bushes are housing items so I do not confuse anyone. It really looks like you're walking into a fish bowl! I love it! :)
2. Passage on the Side Leading to the Boat: I really like this passageway off the main entrance simply because it's simple. It cuts down traveling time and it blends into the scenery.
3. The Ship: For the sake of clarity, I'd like to point out that the boxes are housing items. I really like this piece in the house. It's what the player's have been asking for ever since last October, and it just adds to the fishbowl feel I described earlier. This is what I love about KingsIsle; they listen to their players.
4. The Marketplace: For clarity, the food carts and fountain are housing items and do not come with the house. I really like this area, but I couldn't find a good name for it, so I called it the Marketplace, however it can serve as a forum, courtyard, or other rooms.
5. The Walkway: For clarity, the wooden benches are my housing items. I really like this stone walkway at the entrance of the house. I've actually nicknamed it the Boardwalk (that's what I was going for with the wooden benches!).
6. Stairs to Master Bedroom with Sitting Area: I really like the spiral stairways leading up to the master bedroom because it adds class to it. I also really like the sitting area off to the right of the stairway.
7. Sitting Area: The chairs, the bookshelves, the fireplace, and the piano are all my housing items. I really like how there's a specific room to sit down and chat with your friends. I also really like the chandelier!
8. Guest Room: The best thing about this room is that it can be anything! You can make this into a sitting room, library, guest room, and much more! It has a lot of potential which makes it a great room for housing!
1. The Cave: While some may like the cave (I'm actually in the process of turning this into a Dragon's lair), I find it to be really ... random. I don't know, it just seems out of place and alienated, and it doesn't have much potential.
2. The Ship: Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the ship! But do you see how the lights are on? I want to go IN the ship! How cool would it be to be able to go into an area that still had air in it?! I personally think that would be awesome.
3. The Toll Buildings: Again, don't get me wrong; the toll buildings are actually one of my favorite features of the house. However, I really want to be able to go inside! I want to see what it looks like in there! I feel like it'd be awesome!
4. The Pedestals (also, Water): This change follows the pattern of the last. All I want from this is to be able to place a statue on the pedestal. I think it would be amazing if I could place my statues there. Also, a little side note (it's a bit short to be an actual stand alone con), I think the water shouldn't be as murky. I understand that some people like it murky, but I feel that clear water like in Calypso's instance would be really cool!
5. The Water: I simply cannot stand all the water! Why, you ask? For two reasons: 1. Because I cannot place objects in the water, and 2. It takes up a TON of housing space! Either of the above (or both!) need to be fixed, because it gets to be a bit too much!
That's really all I can think of at the moment. I'm thinking of hosting a Christmas party at my Sunken Palace instead of a Halloween party at the Wizard's Watchtower, but there's penty of time until then, so I'll be sure to update you by the last week of October with a date and a time! I also wanted to take the time to say Happy Birthday Wizard101 and Christina IceDreamer! We have such a great community and game here, and I just wanted to say thanks to both of those important idols! I'll catch you guys later!