Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm Turning Into Atlas!

Hey Gang,

So I've been extremely busy lately! I mean, don't get me wrong, the business is all good stuff, it's just kinda tiring, ya know? Anyway, how was your weekend? On Friday, I went to a cafe at my local Borders store and hung out with some friends. I spent Saturday cleaning my house for my mom's boyfriends's extended family. We were having them over for dinner. It was a good time; they didn't know I was a vegetarian though, so they slapped the biggest piece of chicken on my plate that they found in the pile and was all like, "DIG IN!" Haha! I was all like, "Um ... see ... I'm kinda a vegetarian ..." There was this really long awkward moment of silence, but then they all started yelling at each other for presenting me with the piece of chicken. Tehehehe, it was actually kinda funny.


During that dinner as well, there was some tortellini and chicken mixed with peppers and Alfredo sauce. I ate the tortellini, but it was kinda hard to make out whether the piece of food was chicken or tortellini, since it was covered in Alfredo sauce. Also, since I was in mid-conversation, I just kinda shoved a piece of chicken into my mouth without realizing it. I started chewing it, and thankfully, before I swallowed, I noticed it was chicken! I had to spit it out. It was bad ...


On an unrelated note to the dinner that took place on Saturday, I had a friend sleep over that night as well. We played a bit of Xbox 360 (which I hopefully will be able to play just for a tiny bit tonight), more specifically, Halo Reach (I'm almost a Captain! :D). After Reach, we watched some Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I personally got half-way through the movie, and then I fell asleep, haha! I get tired easily! My friend continued to watch the movie, until he accidentally pressed the wrong button, and the TV screen turned blue. He tried waking me up to fix the TV, but supposedly I refused to! I told him I was probably sleep talking (which I tend to do a lot), but he said my eyes were wide open and everything! So that was really weird!


On Sunday, my friend and I finished watching the Fellowship and moved on to the Two Towers (Tomorrow I'm going to post my top favorite things about the Lord of the Rings as my post; irrelevant, but entertaining :) ). I absolutely love these movies; they certainly made my childhood. We got about 2/3rds of the way into the movie when we went to Border's cafe again for a few hours. There I bought The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I've always wanted to read these books when I was younger, but they seemed too challenging, what with all the crazy pronunciations. Anyways, I started that Hobbit, and am currently on Chapter IV, where they are just leaving Rivendell (an Elfish city) to travel into the Misty Mountains. It's really good! I recommend to everyone who hasn't read it!


I've also been trying to make my life healthier such as:


-Eating less portions.

-Eating a lot more fruits and vegetables rather than junk food.

-Exercising daily (this includes a 15-25 minute run and a 20-30 minute walk).

-I've been trying to be mentally healthy by doing my homework sooner and paying attention. also reading more literary work (including my new English novel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn).


I hope life's been good to everyone! Should I talk some W101? Or leave us off with a irrelevant post about what I've been doing? Eh ... I guess maybe I'll introduce a topic, and I'll make it a "What Do YOU Think?" discussion:


So recently, I asked a question that appeared on Ravenwood Radio: "What are some of your ideas to incorporate more events into the community, such as double experience weekends for PvP or Pet Derby, Special events where you could get different gifts for going, etc?" (By the way, thanks so much Stephen and Fallon for answering my question!) Stephen and Fallon came up with two really cool ideas, such as holiday events where you could get a badge for attending and completing the quests that exist during the time.


So, what would you like to see? Would you like to see double experience weekends with the PvP systems? Would you like to see double arena tickets weekends? Would you like to go to special events (where only a certain amount of people get in) where you can get a certain item that represents you attending that event? Do you want special badges or items for completing holiday tasks? Or do you have another idea for an event?


Maybe we'll make a contest out of this? Maybe I'll send a code out there and enter the commenters in a random draw for a few wizardblox codes? I dunno; we'll see!


I need to go! I'll see you guys later!


P.D.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the post! The Lord of the Rings is a great series, I recently began playing LOTRO, the MMO based on the books, and my best friend made me reread them, and they were great! I hope your hosts understood the whole no-chicken thing :). Anyhow, very entertaining post, can't wait for more

    ReplyDelete
  2. yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo WASSUP HOMIES of WIZ101???????????

    ReplyDelete