Friday, May 27, 2011

A Tiny Thought

Hey Gang,

So I have something on my mind that I wanna talk about, and I don't really have anything better to do right now. Not that my blog isn't important to me (hey, I went all out on this Wizversary Party, I think that proves something :P), it's just that real life things should always come first. Anyway, so what I want to talk about is this whole official blog thing. And I don't wanna talk too much about it, some I'm going to be quick and to the point.

Recently there have been a few Wizards talking about this whole "Official" Blog thing on Twitter. I feel like you're either one of three things; you're either passionate about getting this changed, you're quite frankly annoyed with all the "complaining", or you simply just don't have intrest in the topic. I feel like there are a lot of people getting this sense that we're ranting more than just accepting it and moving on, or we're just mad because we can't get these free gifts and benefits that community blogs have.

While this may be the case for others, it isn't the case for me. I'm not in it for the benefits. I want to stand out. I want all my hard work to finnally pay off. And I'm not saying other bloggers don't work as hard as me; it takes a lot to run a blog, even if it's not successful. You constantly have to put up with people's critizism. You have to put hours into posting good posts that you think your readers will enjoy and remember. Heck, I along with other bloggers have put a ton of money into this blog; I have to use my money to pay for the contests I like to hold. I can't just call in KingsIsle to send down a garrasion of prizes. It's a lot of hard work, and in my opinion, it'd be nice to get a little pat on the back from the people who I try so hard to appeal to. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about my readers too; in fact, without them, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Anyway, I think the people who think we're just ranting need to understand that not all of us are in it for special benefits. I don't care about getting a Mega Bundle for free; I got one of my own, AND I got it sooner. I don't need two. What I'm in it for is to get some sort of reconization for what I put into the community, and my friends give me that. But it'd be nice to get that same support from the people who run the game.

And another thing that aggrivates a lot of us is how they run their system. I'm going to list some blogs that were exception. Now, while we're made that these blogs were admitted as "exceptions", we still love them; they're great blogs! But look at Ditto Wizard who uses Wordpress. Look at Alia LotusPetal, admin of Wizard101 Addict, as well as Issac MistHeart, who runs That Pyromancers, who both use Blogger. Again, while these are excellent blogs and while we love the people that run them, it's not fair that all they needed were Domain Names while everyone else also needs their own Hosting Service.

So I'm asking you; please help us bloggers who are in it not for the benefits, but for the enjoyment of taking on a huge commitment for the community. If you're still not for it, that's fine; I'm not going to make you, and I'm trying to be as polite as possible. I recently sent KingsIsle an email saying that I'd like them to change the rule because it wasn't fair. If you are for our cause, I encourage you to write to them as well. Say politely how you feel about the topic. Remember, we still feel that you should pay for your Domain Name, but we just don't feel that you need your own Hosting Service.

I'll see ya guys later,

P.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment