So before I even start off, I'd like to say congrats to every winner of mount week! It sure was awesome, and I hope a lot of people came out with mounts or even some crowns codes, as I know that they were also given out too! If you haven't seen the winners of Friendly's contest, check it out here. I really like all of them, and I want to give a special shout-out to Alric RavenSinger for his entry! I know he really wanted to win that Moonlight Pony, and gosh darnit he earned it! That Cockatrice pet is certainly outstanding!
Anyway, if you didn't win any mounts, don't fear! KingsIsle has released news of Mount-a-palooza! What is Mount-a-palooza, you might ask? EVERY PERMANENT MOUNT IS ON SALE! W00t! You can now buy any permanent mount you want for a discounted price; some are even 50% off! They've also added the Starlight, Starshine, Sunshine, and Moonlight Ponies to the crown shop, so get them while you can! I don't know how much longer they'll stay for (the sale lasts for about 9 days, and we don't quite know if they'll leave with the sale), so get them while you can! I really wish I could get the Moonlight or SunShine ponies, as they are my favorite, but I have two problems:
1. With this darn American Express Giftcard I got (I pay for my crowns with gift cards), I have so many pending transactions, I can't buy any crowns! :( Darn American Express! I personally prefer Visa, but my local convenience store didn't have visa gift cards (so much for being convenient!).
2. Even if I didn't have all those pending transactions, I could only buy $15 worth of crowns (7,500) and I kinda wanted to save those (the only one I could afford anyway is the Starlight Pony, ands maybe the Starshine pony; I don't recall).
Anyway, I really hope these guys stay in the crowns shop, as I would buy each and every one of them! They're amazing!
Along with Mount-a-palooza, KingsIsle announced that Mounts would soon be able to roam free in our castles! Check it:
Now, there are many things that are amazing about this video, along with the roaming mounts! Many people have already stated what's interesting about the video, therefore, I will only briefly go over what's in it. What I really want to do is some speculating. Ready? Here we go:
1. The music. Is this WinterTusk music? It very much resembles GrizzleHiem music, but it's not exactly that.
2. The pets. So it looks like there are some new pets. These pets are a Humongofrog, a Scarecrow, and a Kraken.
3. The plants. If you pay close attention, you can tell that there are some new plants in the video, including a couch potato.
So that'd pretty much all I can find on that video. Let me know if there's anything I missed.
Let's focus on the pets, as that's really what is interesting me. The Scarecrow pet I think without a doubt is the new level 58 pet. I mean, it just seems obvious to me (however, I could be wrong). What do I think about it? I think it's very cool; kinda looks ... I don't know ... maybe just a tiny bit cartoonish? I mean, maybe it's just because it's short. I just didn't think that it resembled the spell Extremely well, but I still love it :)
Now what about the Kraken and Humongofrog pets? Well, I went into the Spiral and did some research:
Notice that they are both learned at the same level. My personal speculation is that KingsIsle is also going to start incorporating other school pets into the game. For example, I may now get a school pet at level 38, or 22. However, again, I could be wrong. Just some theorycrafting here :)
What do I think of such a thing? AWESOME! It would be really neat to see lower level school pets; I personally think that after you complete your tour of Ravenwood quest from Ambrose, he should give you a low level school pet as well. So, for example, Ice would get a Frost Beetle, Fire would get a Fire Cat, Death would get a Dark Sprite, the list goes on. These pets would also get cards and would be school specific.
Ok, well that's all I have for today. Feel free to add to anything as you wish in the comments! I'll see you soon!