Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What Really is Being a GrandMaster?

Hey Everyone,

So, before we being, I'd like to say congrats to Ravenwood Radio for being super awesome! Go RR! Next, I'd like to give a big congrats to Friendly for getting to be with KI. I'm extremely jealous xD. Most of my viewers that have been reading longer than other will remember that I once said that I want to work at KingsIsle when I get a job (which, hopefully, will only be in about 6 years :D ). Hopefully I'll be able to take a trip down there someday *dream sequence begins*...

Anywho, let's get started! So I saw a good blog topic on Diary of a Wizard Connect X (by the way, if you've never been there, check out the badge on the side and click on it ------------------------>). Basically, (and I of course, forget the author) she was saying what being a Grandmaster was really about. To me, this is a really interesting topic. Not only do you get to find out what people like to do with the spare time on their hands, but you get a look at the way that person thinks.

So, Imma tell you what I think a Grandmaster is really about. For you, I've made a nifty (hehe, I love that word) bullet list! Here goes nothing:

  • Helping Newbies (of course)- Now, I know, I know, this is a very cliche answer. However, it's most certainly correct. Why do you think we are a nominee in the Gamers Choice Awards thing for the best community? A bet you if you were to go into, say, WoW (World of Warcraft) and ask for help at level 5, you wouldn't find it. How do I know this? Because I used to play WoW. The community here is very very cool, and with turning into a Grandmaster, you now reflect Wizard101. I mean, trust me, teaching a level 2 Pyromancer probably isn't exactly the most fun you can have in this game, but it definatley helping the community. And when I say helping the community, I don't just mean in game. I mean out of the game as well. Promote Wizard101, on blogspot, on wordpress, on a podcast, or whatever site you're at. Try talking your irl friends into playing with you. This can all help with making the community EVEN BETTER!
  • Experimenting- This kinda goes hand in hand with Helping, but I figured I make this its own topic. What do I mean by experimenting? Try making guides. For example, look at Deathshard's amazing pet mixing guide! It's awesome (I must say, I contributed the Fatezilla :) ). Gather some people together to conduct experiments on a game subject. Look at the petnome project. All of these help people, and give them information.
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All- That's right, go catch them all! Go reach Ultimate Grandmaster Status! Go widen your wisdom of W101! Go see which School you like best! Go collect pets! Go make an awesome house! Go become a PvP Warlord! Go get all the badges! Go and do something! :D
Ok, so, let me know what you think being a Grandmaster really is all about (it doesn't have to be as descriptive as mine, however, that'd be one epic comment ;) ). I gots to go do other things, so I'll leave you to ponder that. See ya in the Spiral,

P.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment