Friday, October 1, 2010

Some Pets Not Working in Hybrid Mixing?

Hey Everyone,

So I'd just like to say thank you so much for reading my blog and commenting on my post before. SO THANK YOU! :D you're they people that make me want to blog! I thank you for all the beautiful comments you've posted, and I'm glad you like my tip on farming Oyotomi (by the way, someone did post that the "kill in 2-3 rounds" strategy is possible with other schools; this is absolutely correct. I know it works with the life school, as to the others, I've never tried. Try experimenting ;) ). Ok, so let's get on with the post.

Unless you've been living in a cave with no calendar for a few months, it is OFFICIALLY October! This is one of my favorite months of the year! I love scaring people, getting scared, and of course, getting tricked or treated. I'm really excited to see what's gonna be going on in Wizard101 around this time, because last year I stopped playing in July and picked up Wizard101 again in November. Eeeek, very excited!

Ok, so I want to talk to you guys today about pet mixing. Now, I know a lot of people aren't mixing right now, because they want to save up x amount of gold for y item. That's ok, but I still think people should know fundamentals about mixing. And, then again, my theories and beliefs about mixing may not agree with you, which is ok too! :D

So, the reason why I wanted to bring this topic up was because I've heard people say things like, "Oh, well, if you mix a Hydra with any level 48 pet, you'll be more likely to get a mix." When I heard this, I was like, "Dude, it's all random, you're crazy." But I changed my mind after some research. Here was my old view:

When you went into the mixing chamber, and you mixed a pet, you had a 50% chance of getting your own pet again (and remember, we are talking level 48 pets), 25% chance of getting the hybrid of the pet you have (for example, if you mixed your Wraith and a Hydra, and you got the Reaper pet, this would be the Wraith or Death mix), and 25% of getting the other player's hybrid (so say you mixed your Ice Colossus with a Helephant, and you got the Ice Oni, which is the Fire mix). Does everyone see how that works? Comment if you want me to try to explain it better, because the theory is very confusing. I call this theory the Half and Half theory (so people who follow this theory could be called Halfists xD ).

The new theory I have for pet mixing id that not every pet has the same ratio of giving off a hybrid. For example; I've mixed my Satyr pet with a Colossus 2 times, and 3 times with an Orthrus, and every time I wound up with another Satyr/Orthrus/Colossus. Now, this theory doesn't state that certain mixes are impossible to obtain; for instance, Friendly has a Frostcaller, the Life hybrid. However, there are certain pets, such as my Stormzilla, where every time I have mixed so far, I have come out with a successful hybrid, such as my Tempest Hound and my Tempest. It all boils down to one question in this theory; do certain pets carry stronger, genes, if you will, when it comes to mixing hybrids? I call this theory the Evolutionary Theory (and people that agree with this theory can be called the Evolutionists).

Basically, KingsIsle has never revealed anything about the means of how a hybrid is chosen when you mix pets. That's why these are theories and only theories. Personally, if you ask me, I'm more of a Halfist than an Evolutionist, becuase it sounds more fair, however, I have seen the theories of the Evolutionist become real in some ways. What are you?

See ya in the Spiral!


1 comment:

  1. Howdy I think the "Evolution" Theory is correct and what they intended. I think this is a great name for it but LOL could be controversial. Me I like it and intend to call it that :)